Trade network spanning several continents in reach for the Spice Islands in South East Asia
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Ancient Thebes: Relief records early spice trade expeditions
- Borobudur: Contains carvings depicting early maritime trade
- Churches and Convents of Goa: Portuguese foothold on the trade route
- Mahabalipuram: Ancient port
- Makli, Thatta: Strategic port
- Melaka and George Town
- Old Town of Galle: Trading post and source of cinnamon
- Venice and its Lagoon: Trade hub, selling spices to rest of Europe
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Spice Route?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source