Extended from a single national inscription
Transnational sites which are extensions from a single National inscription.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Belfries: Originally Flemish Belfries (Belgium)
- Coa Valley and Siega Verde: Originally Coa Valley (Portugal)
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire: Originally Hadrian's Wall (UK)
- High Coast / Kvarken Archipelago: Originally High Coast (Sweden)
- Maloti Drakensberg: In 2013 extended from South Africa to Lesotho
- Monte San Giorgio: Inscribed by Switzerland in 2003. Extended to Italy in 2010
- Mount Nimba: Originally only Guinea
- Rome: Inscribed as "Historic Centre of Rome" in 1980. Extended to include Holy See properties in 1990
- W-Arly-Pendjari Complex
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Extended from a single national inscription?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source