Clearly defined landscapes
Clearly defined landscapes designed and created intentionally by humans, comprise the first subcategory of cultural landscapes.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Aranjuez: As per PJ Fowler, World Heritage Cultural Landscapes 1992-2002
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz: As per PJ Fowler, World Heritage Cultural Landscapes 1992-2002
- Kew Gardens
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape
- Medici Villas and Gardens
- Muskauer Park
- Par force hunting landscape
- Persian Garden
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Sintra: As a landscape designed and created intention ally by man for cultural and aesthetic reasons, the whole ensemble fits into the first category of cultural landscapes (AB ev)
- Studley Royal Park: As per PJ Fowler, World Heritage Cultural Landscapes 1992-2002
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Clearly defined landscapes?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source