WHS where references to literature are part of its OUV.
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Hahoe and Yangdong: Hahoe Village: Criterion (iv): The villages, and particularly the ensemble of yangban and commoners' houses, and their overall and individual planning, reflect the precepts of this Dynasty in terms of its social structures and cultural traditions as well as its power and influence and its literary, and philosophical traditions.
- Huangshan: the leading role that Huangshan played in the cultural, literary and artistic history of China with the arrival of the Tang dynasty (AB ev)
- Mycenae and Tiryns: Criterion vi: Mycenae and Tiryns are indissolubly linked with the Homeric epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey, the influence of which upon European literature and the arts has been profound for more than three millennia.
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin: Criterion (vi): justified by the State Party on the grounds that the Mining Basin is closely associated with the description of workers' conditions in Continental Europe, notably starting from a novel by Émile Zola, Germinal (1885) [Unesco did not fully copy this, but the criterion vi was granted]
- Studenica Monastery: This is where St. Sava Nemanjic, ..., wrote the first literary work in the Serbian language (crit vi)
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch: Criterion (vii): The impressive landscape within the property has played an important role in European art, literature, mountaineering and alpine tourism.
- Troy: It is ... of exceptional cultural importance because of the profound influence of Homer's Iliad on the creative arts over more than two millennia (AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Literature?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source