The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Ani: Ruins of a Fire Temple
- Bisotun: Shows a winged figure, that is generally identified as Ahura Mazda of Zoroastrian belief (Bradt guide to Iran, 2014 edition)
- Echmiatsin and Zvartnots: Remains of a Zoroastrian fire-altar have been found directly beneath the main altar of the Echmiadzin Cathedral
- Pasargadae: Fire-temples have been found
- Persepolis: Host of the ancient Zoroastrian festival, Norouz
- Persian Garden: "Symbolic of the creation of Eden as well as the four Zoroastrian elements of sky, earth, water and plants" (AB)
- Silk Roads: the co-existence of many religions (as well as many ethnic groups) along the corridor including Zoroastrianism, the main religion of the Sogdians of Zhetysu region (AB ev)
- Takht-e Soleyman: citadel includes the remains of a Zoroastrian fire temple
- Taxila: The Jandial Temple is thought to be the remains of a Zoroastrian Temple dedicated to Ahurumazda Link
- Walled City of Baku: Two 17th century Zoroastrian fire temples
- Yazd: Includes the Zoroastrian district
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Zoroastrianism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source