Vice Admiral William Bligh was an officer of the British Royal Navy and a colonial administrator. A historic mutiny occurred during his command of HMS Bounty in 1789. Fifteen years after the Bounty mutiny, he was appointed Governor of New South Wales in Australia. (wiki)
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Australian Convict Sites: Lived at Government House, Parramatta whilst governor of NSW
- Great Barrier Reef: During his "open boat voyage" to Timor after the Mutiny on the Bounty he sailed through its waters and landed at several islands including, from 28-31 May 1789, "Restoration Island" which was named by him Link
- Sub-Antarctic Islands: The Bounty Islands - discovered by Bligh in 1788 whilst on his way to Tahiti and named after his ship
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to William Bligh?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source