Sites containing some or all of a significant tourist trek involving at least 1 overnight. Trek (hike) must have a specific name, a defined route or routes and often/normally done in total.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Australian Convict Sites: Great North Road - The Convict Trail Link
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape: South West Coast Path Link
- Dorset and East Devon Coast: South West Coast Path Link
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire: Hadrian's Wall Path
- Fujisan: Climb it: mostly done on an overnight hike Link
- Great Smoky Mountains: The Appalachian Trail
- Gunung Mulu: Mulu summit trail
- Kilimanjaro National Park: Climb of Kilimanjaro
- Kinabalu Park: 2 day trek
- Laponian Area: The Kungsleden (King's Way)
- Machu Picchu: Inca Trail
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal : Offa's Dyke is among the most popular long-distance walking routes in Europe. The Trail diverts onto the canal towing-path to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. (nom file)
- Route of Santiago de Compostela
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France
- Sagarmatha National Park: Everest Base Camp Trek
- Tasmanian Wilderness: Overland Track Link
- Te Wahipounamu: Milford Trail
- Tongariro National Park: Tongariro Northern Circuit, a two to four day tour, which is one of New Zealand's nine Great Walks
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: Rheinsteig, 320km long Link
- Val d'Orcia: Via Francigena (Pilgrims Route to Rome)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Tourist Treks?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source