Where a building or location significant to the process remains within an inscribed area.
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Albi: To rid the area of Cathar belief Link
- Avila: Monasterio de Santo Tomas. The Spanish Inquisition (Avila Branch) used to meet in this 15th century Gothic structure.
- Cartagena: Palace of the Inquisition Plaza de Bolivar
- Cordoba: The Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos was used as a forum and prison during the Inquisition. Part of it is called the Inquisition Tower
- Cuenca: El Castillo served as the seat of the Holy Inquisition until 1583
- Lima: The Inquisition operated from a1570-1820 in a building which later became the Senate and now houses the Museum of the Inquisition (Junin 548 -3 blocks from Cathedral).
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: "the Holy Office had its own ?palace?, which is now the Museum of Medicine on Republica de Brasil street" Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to The Inquisition?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source