Slow Food Movement
WHS within whose boundaries the preservation of a traditional food associated with the site/area is being helped by the Slow Food Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_food)
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Banc d'Arguin: Mullet Bottarga (roe) Link
- Causses and Cévennes: Roquefort
- Cliff of Bandiagara: Somé (dried condiments) Link
- Laponian Area: Reindeer Suovas (smoked meat) Link
- Quebrada de Humahuaca: Potatoes Link
- Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras: Tinawon rice is the organic rice grown in the rice terraces of Banaue (Batad and Bangaan) and in Kiangan Link
- Villages with Fortified Churches: Fruit Preserves Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Slow Food Movement?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source