Sites of Parliament
Parliaments in past and present.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Brasilia: Brasilia National Congress Building designed by Niemeyer. Houses the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies
- Bridgetown: Parliament of Barbados
- City of Luxembourg: Hotel de la Chambre des Députés, Luxembourgian Parliament
- Edinburgh: Scottish Parliament at Holyrood
- Florence: The Salone del Cinquecento at the Palazzo Vecchio served as the first parliament of unified Italy before the capital was moved to Rome
- Independence Hall: Congress Hall, part of inscribed WHS Independence Hall was used as the United State Congress from 1790-1800
- Mudejar Architecture of Aragon: Aragon parliament at the Aljaferia in Zaragoza.
- Old City of Berne: Federal Palace of Switzerland
- Ouro Preto: Parliament House
- Paramaribo Link
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly
- Prague: Valdstejn Palace (Czech Senate) and some buildings in the Lesser Town
- Rabat: Parliament building Link
- Regensburg: Regensburg was the regular meeting place of the permanent Imperial Diet (1663-1806)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: Carignano Palace Italian Parliament 1861-1864
- Rome: Madama palace (Italian Senate) and Montecitorio palace (Italian Chamber of Deputies)
- Royal Exhibition Building: 1st Parliament of Australia 9 May 1901
- San Marino and Mount Titano: Consiglio Grande e Generale, Parliament of San Marino
- St. Kilda Link
- Valletta: Grandmaster's Palace in Valletta is Malta Parliament
- Vienna: Austrian Parliament
- White City of Tel-Aviv: The Independence Hall was the temporery seat of the Israeli parliament until the construction of the current Kneset in Jerusalem was completed.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Sites of Parliament?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source