Sites where ships were constructed and repaired, which contain significant remains of historic shipyard infrastructure within the inscribed area.
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Antigua Naval Dockyard
- Australian Convict Sites: Cockatoo Island Link
- Fortress of Suomenlinna: Includes the Shipyard/Dry Dock dating from 1750 Link
- Karlskrona Link
- Sites of Japan's Meiji Industrial Revolution: Contains several naval docks and shipyards e.g Nagasaki
- St. Petersburg: Kronstadt - "A significant share of the 18th century dockyard survives today, as part of the St Petersburg World Heritage Site" (Chatham Comparative Analysis)
- Venice and its Lagoon: Arsenal Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Shipyards?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source