Shah Jahan was emperor of the Mughal Empire in South Asia from 1628 until 1658. He is considered to be one of the greatest Mughals. The period of his reign was the golden age of Mughal architecture. (source: wiki)
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Agra Fort: It is rumored that Shah Jahan died in Muasamman Burj, a tower with a marble balcony with a view of the Taj Mahal (wiki) + Shah Jahani Mahal Link
- Fort and Shalamar Gardens: Lahore Fort: builds Shish Mahal (Mirror Palace), Khawabgah (a dream place or sleeping area), Hamam (bath ), Khilwat Khana (retiring room), and Moti Masjid (Pearl Mosque) and Diwan-e-Khas (Hall of Special Audience) (wiki)
- Red Fort: Shah Jahan commissioned the construction of the Red Fort in 1638 when he decided to shift his capital from Agra to Delhi. (wiki)
- Taj Mahal: Built as a tomb for his beloved wife, Empress Mumtaz Mahal.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Shah Jahan?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source