Sites connected to the life of Prince Charles, heir apparent to the British crown (and in total sixteen thrones of the Commonwealth realms). Excluding sites he merely visited.
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape: He "owns" various parts of this site as a result of his "position" as Duke of Cornwall. Locations include Drakewalls Mine, Prince of Wales Mine, Gunnislake Clitters Mine in the Tamar Valley Mining District.
- Gwynedd Castles: He was "invested" as "Prince of Wales" at Caernarfon Castle in 1969
- Mount Athos: The Prince visits Vatopedi monastery fairly regularly for spiritual reasons and has contributed to its restoration
- Taj Mahal: Famously he was NOT present when in February 1992 his wife "Princess Diana" had "that photo" taken of her all alone at this monument to "love" and thus announced to the world her emotional "separation" from him
- Villages with Fortified Churches: He owns a house in the village of Viscri and,in line with his interest in preservation and the natural environment, he is a patron of the Mihai Eminescu Trust (a UK charity set up to restore the cultural heritage and skills of the area's Saxon villages).
- Westminster: Prince Charles took his seat in the House of Lords (Palace of Westminster) in Feb 1970 - he wanted to play an active part but was warned not to and has never spoken. Interestingly, such ceremonies as his christening and marriage(s) have NOT taken place at the Abbey.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Prince Charles?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source