Paintings by Venetian Vedutisti
Sites represented in paintings by Venetian Vedutisti. Venice, by the mid-18th century, became renowned as the centre of the vedutisti - painters of highly detailed, usually large-scale paintings of a cityscape or some other vista
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Florence: Florence by Bellotto
- Maritime Greenwich: Greenwich (Canaletto)
- Naples: Naples by Gaspar van Wittel
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: Turin (Bellotto)
- Rome: Rome (all vedutisti)
- Schönbrunn: Schonbrunn by Canaletto
- Venice and its Lagoon: various
- Verona: Verona by Bellotto and Gaspar van Wittel
- Vicenza: Vista by Canaletto with the Chiericati Palace and the Basilica by Palladio inserted in an imaginary venetian palladian cityscape and situated on the opposite banks, linked by the Rialto Bridge as projected (and never realized) by Palladio, of the Canal Grande Link
- Vienna: Vienna (Bellotto)
- Warsaw: Warsaw (Bellotto)
- Westminster: Westminster by Canaletto
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Paintings by Venetian Vedutisti?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source