An ossuary is a chest, building, well, or site made to serve as the final resting place of human skeletal remains.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Gusuku of Ryukyu: Tamaudun, royal tomb, according to Ryukyuan tradition, the royal remains would only be kept in central compartment for a limited time, after which the bones were washed and entombed in the north and south compartments - so technically it is also an ossuary.
- Lima: Monastery of San Francisco
- Mount Athos: In the Prodomos Link
- Oporto: Igreja de Sao Francisco
- Rome: Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
- Saint Catherine Area: Chapel of St Tryphon Link
- Venice and its Lagoon: Isola Sant'Ariano
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Ossuary?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source