An obelisk is a tall, narrow, four-sided, tapering monument which ends in a pyramidal top.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Ancient Thebes
- Aranjuez: In the Island Garden
- Blenheim Palace
- Bourges Cathedral: In the garden
- Byblos: Temple of the Obelisks
- Chavin: The obelisk now is in a Lima museum
- Cienfuegos: Pedro Modesto Hernández, Paseo del Prado. 37th Street (nom file)
- Florence: 2 in front of Santa Maria Novella Link
- Heritage of Mercury: In the town center of Idrija, to remember 17 miners who died in a fire
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape
- Longobards in Italy: Benevento
- Medici Villas and Gardens: At the Boboli Gardens Link
- Naples: Guglia dell'Immacolata
- Old Havana: At Cabana fortress
- Paris, Banks of the Seine
- Potsdam: Obelisk in Sanssouci Park
- Prague: 3rd court of the castle
- Regensburg: Obelisk for Karl Anselm von Thurn und Taxis, 1806
- Struve Geodetic Arc: Struve Meridian Obelisk, Hammerfest
- Studley Royal Park: Studley Obelisk Link
- Vatican City: In the middle of St Peter Square
- Villa d'Este: At the Rometta Fountain: in a small pool floats a boat with a mast in the shape of an obelisk, illustrating the Tiber island (AB ev) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Obelisk?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source