Notable examples of island gigantism
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Aldabra Atoll: tortoises
- Galapagos Islands: Tortoises
- Kinabalu Park: Rafflesia keithii, the biggest flower in the world Link
- Komodo National Park: Komodo dragon
- Laurisilva of Madeira: Giant Parsley Link
- Lord Howe Island: Giant Stick Insect
- Rainforests of the Atsinanana: Hissing Cockroach Link
- Rock Islands: Giant Clam
- Socotra Archipelago: Dendrosicyos Socotranus, the Cucumber Tree Link
- Sub-Antarctic Islands: megaherbs Link
- Vallée de Mai: Coco de Mer (Largest seed in the world)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Notable examples of island gigantism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source