Sites currently or historically located on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Excluding sites located in the following "marginal seas" of the Mediterranean which have their own Connection - Adriatic Sea, Aegean Sea, Black Sea, Tyrhennian Sea.
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Bahá’i Holy Places
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano
- Gorham's Cave Complex
- Gulf of Porto
- Ichkeul National Park
- Kasbah of Algiers
- Leptis Magna
- Medina of Sousse
- Medina of Tunis
- Medina of Tétouan
- Megalithic Temples of Malta
- Mount Athos
- Old City of Acre
- Palmeral of Elche
- Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands
- Primeval Beech Forests: Paklenica
- Serra de Tramuntana
- Site of Carthage
- The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier: Cabanon de Le Corbusier Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- White City of Tel-Aviv
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mediterranean shore?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source