Manichaeism was a major Gnostic religion that was founded by the Iranian prophet Mani (c. 216-276 AD).
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Mogao Caves: "a moderate number of Manichean, mainly Chinese texts (the Hymn Scroll, the Traité manichéen, that is, the "Sermon on the Light Nous, and the Compendium of the Doctrine of Mani") discovered in the book deposit in cave 17" Link
- Palmyra: "Palmyra became ... the pivot of further Manichean missionary work in Roman Syria" Link
- Silk Roads: remains of a Manichean church at Kayalyk (AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Manichaeism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source