The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Caves and Ice Age Art: mammoth ivory objects
- Decorated cave of Pont d'Arc: depictions of mammoth
- Vézère Valley: Cro de Granville (cro de Rouffignac) - depictions of 158 mammoths, i.e. 70% of all represented animals. Link
- Wrangel Island: From carbon dating of bones found there it is considered the last pre-extinction refuge of Mammoths. See Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mammoths?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source