A leaning tower is a tower which, either intentionally, due to errors in design, construction or to subsequent external influence, does not stand perpendicular to the ground.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Baroque Churches: The bell tower of the Sta. Maria Church
- Kazan Kremlin: Söyembikä Tower
- Lübeck: Holsentor
- Minaret of Jam: "The tower has started to lean, but stabilisation work is in progress to halt this danger." (Wiki)
- Modena: Torre Civica
- Piazza del Duomo (Pisa)
- Rome: Torre delle Milizie
- Taj Mahal Link
- Torun: Krzywa Wie?a (Leaning Tower)
- Venice and its Lagoon: The Campanile of San Martino church on the island of Burano, the Campanile of San Giorgio dei Greci
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Leaning Tower?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source