Lawrence of Arabia
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Byblos: Visited
- Chartres Cathedral: Visited in 1908 Link
- Crac des Chevaliers: Visited Link
- Damascus: Participated in the WWI battle over it
- Fortified City of Carcassonne: Visited (1906-10)
- Historic Cairo: Visited
- Incense Route of the Negev: Excavated Elusa
- Petra: Visited
- Wadi Rum: Used by him as an army base during 1917/8. One of the rock formations was (much later)named "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom" in memory of Lawrence's book. Lawrence does refer in his book to the location but the movie was incorrect in a number of important respects as to its significance in military terms to him. See Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Lawrence of Arabia?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source