Kurdistan is a geo-cultural region wherein the Kurdish people form a prominent majority population. It consists of parts of Turkey, Iraq, Iran and Syria.
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria: Most are within the Afrin Canton, which "seems to have seen Kurdish settlement by at least the 18th century" (wiki) and is under Kurdish autonomous control since 2014. Link
- Armenian Monastic Ensembles: In Iranian Kurdistan (St. Thaddeus)
- Bisotun: In Iranian Kurdistan
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens: Turkish Kurdistan
- Erbil Citadel: In the Autonomous Republic of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Nemrut Dag: In Turkish Kurdistan
- Takht-e Soleyman: Seen as part of 'Greater Kurdistan' Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Kurdistan?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source