King Chulalongkorn of Siam (Rama V)
WHS related to King Chulalongkorn of Siam (Rama V)'s 1897 trip to Europe, the first monarch from far east asia who made state visits to many European countries.
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Ancient Thebes: (9-10 Nov)
- Belem: Belem Monastery (22 October)
- Budapest: (26 June) visited Buda Castle
- Cologne Cathedral: (22 August)
- Drottningholm: (15 July) had lunch with King Oscar II
- Edinburgh: (10 August)
- El Escurial: (16 October)
- Florence: (7-16 June)
- Grand Place, Brussels: (10 Sep) visited Hotel de Ville of Brussels
- Historic Cairo: (7 Nov) met Caliph Abbas Hilmi
- Kandy: (21 April) visited Temple of Tooth
- Kew Gardens: (1 August)
- Kremlin and Red Square: Kremlin (7 July)
- Maritime Greenwich: (1 August)
- Melaka and George Town: George Town (4 Dec)
- Naples: (29 October)
- Old City of Berne: (25-28 May) met President Adolphe Deucher
- Old Town of Galle: (14 April)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: (12-16 Sep) met Felix Faure, visited Eiffel Tower, Louve Museum etc.
- Pompei: (1 Nov)
- Potsdam: (26 August) met Kaiser Wilhelm I at Sans Souci
- Pyramids (Memphis): (8 Nov)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: (1 June) stayed in Turin Royal Palace
- Rome: (3 June) met by King Umberto I
- Schönbrunn: (24 June) had state banquet
- Seville: Alcazar of Seville (20 October)
- Singapore Botanic Gardens : visited 1871
- St. Petersburg: (3 July) met Emperor Nicolas I at Peterhoff
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch: Jungfrau (29 May)
- Tower of London: (5 August)
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: (22 August)
- Vatican City: (4 June) met Pope Leon XIII
- Venice and its Lagoon: (14-17 May) met Prince Thomas of Savoie, Duke of Genoa
- Versailles: (15 Sep)
- Vienna: (22 June) met Emperor Franz Josef I
- Warsaw: (1 July) met Prince Imeritinsky, Governor of Poland
- Westminster: (2 August)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to King Chulalongkorn of Siam (Rama V)?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source