Joseon (July 1392 - 1897) was a Korean sovereign state that lasted for approximately five centuries.
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex
- Haeinsa Temple: Janggyeong Panjeon, the Depositories for the Tripitaka Koreana Woodblocks "The Depositories stand on granite padstones set on relatively 1ow foundations. These support Pillars topped by simple eaves brackets to support the hipped roofs, which are formed by common rafters and tiles on heavy beams. They are characteristic of early Choson (15th century) wooden architecture and reflect a beautiful harmony in layout, size, balance, and rhythm." - Nomination File
- Hahoe and Yangdong
- Hwaseong Fortress
- Jongmyo Shrine
- Namhansanseong: emergency capital for the Joseon dynasty
- Royal Joseon Tombs
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Joseon Dynasty?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source