The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Ancient Kyoto: Jisho-ji Garden, Nijō Castle Ninomaru Garden, Rokuon-ji Garden, Ryōan-ji Garden, Tenryu-ji Garden, The garden of Sanbōin in Daigo-ji, The moss garden of Saihō-ji (the "Moss Temple")
- Ancient Nara: Todaiji Isuien Gardens
- Centennial Hall: at Szczytnicki Park
- Gusuku of Ryukyu: Shikina-en (Naha, Okinawa)
- Himeji-jo: Koko-en Garden
- Hiraizumi: gardens of Motsuji Temple
- Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine: Garden of Kumagai Residence, an example of Japanese garden in merchant class residence
- Kew Gardens: "Centred around Chokushi-Mon and covering an area of approximately 5,000 square metres, the Japanese landscape consists of three garden areas, designed to give an impression of some of the many different aspects of Japanese gardens." (Wiki)
- Nikko: Garden of Rinnoji Temple, Shōyō-en Garden
- Schönbrunn: Schonbrunn's Japanaese Garden since 1913 and restored in 1998
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Japanese garden?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source