The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Ahmadabad: Ajitnath Jain Temple and others
- Champaner-Pavagadh: Pavagadh Hill contains several groups of Jain Temples "The temples of the Jain religion at Pavagadh are also noteworthy. They are of three different groups: The first consists of the Bhavanaderi temples near Naqqarkhana gate called the Navalakka temples, the second group is in honour of Jain saints Thirthankara Suparsva and Thirthankara Chandraprabha and the third group, situated on the south east of Pavagarh Hill (Mataji's cliff), is near the Parsvanath temple next to the Dudhia tank." (Wiki)
- Ellora Caves: Several Jain shrines (cave 30, 32, 33)
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan: Jaisalmer, Ranthambore, Kumbhalgarh (Bawan Devi Temple) and Chittorgarh. Link
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments: Several Jain temples on the east side of town
- Pattadakal: Jain temple
- Taxila: the remains of Sirkap contain a structure thought to have been a Jain Temple. See photo half way down at link Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Jainism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source