A horn peak (or pyramidal peak / glacial horn), is an angular, sharply pointed mountain peak which results from the cirque erosion due to multiple glaciers diverging from a central point.
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Huascaran National Park: Artesonraju Link
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch: "a great abundance and diversity of geomorphological features such as Ushaped glacial valleys, cirques, horn peaks, valley glaciers and moraines" (AB ev)
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park: Mount Wilbur, Kinnerly Peak and Reynolds Mountain (Glacier National Park, USA)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Horn Peaks?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source