Prominent cafés established before WWI that still exist within the borders of a WHS.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Budapest: Budapest (Gerbeaud 1858, Ruszwurm 1824)
- Cracow: Antre de Michalik Link
- Florence: Caffe Rivoire 1872
- Oporto: Majestic café Link
- Prague: Louvre (1902), Slavia (1881)
- Regensburg: Cafe Prinzess next to the city hall (from 1686)
- Rome: Greco, 18th century
- Salzburg: Tomaselli, 1705
- Tallinn: maiasmokk café (since 1864) Link
- Venice and its Lagoon: Cafe Florian 1720
- Vienna: Central (opened in 1860, and in the late nineteenth century it became a key meeting place of the Viennese intellectual scene), Demel (1786), Sacher (1876), Landtmann (1873, preferred café of Sigmund Freud)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Historical cafés?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source