WHS containing historic "purpose built" cinemas (i.e Not converted theatres etc). Defined as pre-1950. The cinema doesn't have to be currently operational but must preserve the majority of the original structure.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Asmara: In particular Roma and Imperio. See - Link
- Paramaribo: "Tower Bioscoop" (1948) Heerenstraat (said in 2006 to be partly in use as offices with the auditorium only occasionally used) Link
- Prague: Lucerna Kino Link
- Riga: "Splendid Palace" (1923) Elizabetes iela 61 Link
- St. Petersburg: "Aurora". (1913) Nevsky Prospect & "Dom Kino" / "Rodina" (1914/16) Karavannaya Ul Link
- White City of Tel-Aviv: "Esther" (1930/1) Dizzengoff Square (Now the "Cinema Hotel") Link
- Willemstad: "Cinelandia" (1941) Hendrikplein, Punda. Currently non operational Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Historic Cinemas?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source