Greek Orthodox churches outside Greece
Greek Orthodox churches outside Greece (and Cyprus)
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Berat and Gjirokastra: Several in Gjirokastra
- Bethlehem: The main Basilica of the Nativity is maintained by the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem
- Damascus: Mariamite Cathedral of Damascus
- Naples: Santo Strato was originally Greek Orthodox
- Old City of Acre: Saint Andrew Church and Saint George Church
- Old City of Jerusalem
- Rome: Sant'Atanasio a Via del Babuino (Graeco-Byzantine rite) San Basilio agli Orti Sallustiani (Graeco-Byzantine rite) Santa Maria in Cosmedin (Graeco-Melchite rite) San Teodoro al Palatino (Greek-Orthodox rite)
- Saint Catherine Area
- Vienna: St. Augustine at the Fleischmarkt
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Greek Orthodox churches outside Greece?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source