The Global Geoparks Network (GGN) is a UNESCO programme established in 1998. Managed under the body's Ecological and Earth Sciences Division, the GGN seeks the promotion and conservation of the planet's geological heritage, as well as encourages the sustainable research and development by the concerned communities.
The connection belongs to WHS on Other Lists connections.
- Bali Subak system: Batur Global Geopark (2012) Link
- China Danxia
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano: 2010
- Dolomites: Adamello Brenta
- Heritage of Mercury: 2013 - Idrija Global Geopark Link
- Hubei Shennongjia
- Jeju: 2010
- Lushan National Park
- Messel Pit: Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- Mogao Caves: Dunhuang (2015): "The Geopark also encompasses the Mogao Caves,.."
- Mount Sanqingshan: Sanqingshan Global Geopark (2012) Link
- Mount Taishan
- Painted Churches in the Troödos Region: Troodos (2015)
- Pico Island: 2013 - Azores Global Geopark Link
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France: Rocamadour lies in Causses du Quercy Global Geopark (2017)
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy: 2013 - Sesia - Val Grande Global Geopark (includes the two sacred sites of Sacre Monte of Varallo and Sanctuary of Ghiffa) Link
- South China Karst: Shilin Geopark
- Wulingyuan: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park was listed as a UNESCO Global Geopark in 2004
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Global Geoparks?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source