On the banks of the Ganges or a river within its Watershed
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Agra Fort: On banks of Yamuna River (joins the Ganges at Allahabad)
- Chitwan National Park: The Narayani/Gandaki river forms the park's boundary, joins the Ganges near Patna
- Kathmandu Valley: Bagmati River - Pashmutinath is on its banks. In India it flows into the Koshi and then the Ganges
- Lumbini: On banks of Telar River which joins the Rapti and then the Ganges
- Red Fort: On banks of Yamuna River (joins the Ganges at Allahabad)
- Sagarmatha National Park: Kosi River - flows into the Ganges at Kursela India
- Sundarbans National Park: shared with Brahmaputra
- Taj Mahal: On banks of Yamuna River (joins the Ganges at Allahabad)
- The Sundarbans: shared with Brahmaputra
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Ganges?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source