Furthest distance apart
Sites whose extremities are the furthest distance apart (over 1000kms)
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Australian Convict Sites: Between Fremantle and Norfolk Island: 4970kms (see link plus 27 kms extra from Perth airport approx) Link
- Australian Convict Sites: Fremantle / Norfolk Island
- Australian Fossil Mammal Sites: Riversleigh and Naracoorte are approx 2012kms/1250 miles apart
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire: 1,350 km /839 miles (Antonine Wall, Clydebank ? Bavarian Limes, Hienheim on the Danube)
- Grand Canal: 1214kms: Old Beijing City Section (TH01) N39 56 29 / E116 22 51 to Ningbo Sanjiangkou (ZD04) N29 52 29 / E121 33 26
- Great Wall: The extremities at Shanhaiguan and Jiayaguan are approximately 1824kms/1133 miles apart
- Heritage of Mercury: Almaden - Idrija (2198 km)
- Mountain Railways of India: 2,179km/ 1,354 miles (Nigrili - Shimla)
- Papahanaumokuakea: "extending over some 1931 km" (UNESCO)
- Qhapaq Ñan: 3864kms: Los Ajos Colombia (CO-RP-09-C-2011) N1 8 20 / W 77 21 49 to Puente del Inca Section - Penitentes Argentina S32 52 47 W69 52 25
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France: Amiens - Gavarnie: 1032 km
- Silk Roads: 3636kms: Kostobe Kyrgyzstan (S06-KZ) N42 59 24 / E71 31 25 to Luoyang (C02-CN) N34 43 52 / E112 37 17
- Struve Geodetic Arc: Fuglenaes (Norway) and Staro-Nekrassowka (Ukraine) are approx 2830kms/1758 miles apart
- Sub-Antarctic Islands: 1,010km/627 miles (Bounty Islands - Auckland Islands)
- The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier: National Museum of Western Art Tokyo - Casa Curutchet Buenos Aires: 18410kms
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Furthest distance apart?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source