The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church is an Oriental Orthodox Christian church in Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Church was part of the Coptic Orthodox Church until 1959, when it was granted its own Patriarch by Coptic Orthodox Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa, Cyril VI.
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Aksum: Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion Link
- Fasil Ghebbi: Ethiopian Orthodox Churches
- Lalibela: Churches belong to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Old City of Jerusalem: Has its section in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and they own a nearby monastery.
- Qadisha Valley: The hermitage-monastery complexes of Deir es-Salib, Mar Antonios, Mar Semaane, and Mar Assia, along with the isolated chapels of Mar Bohna and Mar Chmouna were all established by Ethiopian Orthodox monks.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Ethiopian Orthodox?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source