Discriminatory Entry Policies
Sites which discriminate regarding entry on the grounds of Sex, Religion or Nationality
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Bagerhat: Khan Jahan's tomb - Men Only
- Djenné: Due to an unsavoury incident with an Italian fashion photography shoot, the great mosque is out of bounds for non-Muslim tourists.
- Hebron/Al-Khalil Old Town: Muslims and Jews are only allowed to enter "their" respective side of the Tomb apart from 10 days pa each when the other side is opened to them
- Kathmandu Valley: Most of Pashupatinath is closed to non-Hindus
- Kii Mountain Range: Area around Mount Omine and Ominesanji Temple is out of bounds to women.
- Medina of Fez: Great Kairaouine Mosque - Muslims only
- Medina of Marrakesh: Koutoubia mosque - Muslims only
- Mijikenda Kaya Forests: Sacred parts aren't open to 'strangers'
- Mount Athos: Men Only
- Okinoshima Island: No women allowed on Okinoshima Island
- Old City of Jerusalem: Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque - Muslims only
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Discriminatory Entry Policies?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source