Developed since inscription
Sites where a "Significant Development" has taken place since inscription without delisting, placing on the danger list, general warnings etc.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Ancient Kyoto: In 2001 Uji Byodoin Temple opened its modern museum mostly built underground of the temple complex.
- Edinburgh: Scottish Parliament building (1999-2004)
- Graz: The Kunsthaus and the Murinsel were built 4 years after inscription.
- Kazan Kremlin: Kul Sharif Mosque inside the Kremlin (2005)
- Kew Gardens: Davies Alpine House (2006)
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island): A contemporary building "James Simon-Galerie" is under development in front of the Neues Museum for completion in 2012 ("modern with a hull of satin glass and steel"). Link
- Prague: The Dancing house 1992-96 Link
- St. Petersburg: "Flood protection Facility complex" passes through the inscribed Northern forts of Kronstadt (still under construction but northern section from Kronstadt was opened in Dec 2007)
- Vatican City: Mater Ecclesiae Monastery inside Vatican Gardens erected between 1992 and 1994
- Venice and its Lagoon: Ponte di Calatrava across the Grand Canal (2008)
- Yaroslavl: rebuilt Dormition Cathedral in 2010
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Developed since inscription?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source