A clock tower is a tower specifically built with one or more (often four) clock faces. Clock towers can be either freestanding or part of a church or municipal building such as a town hall.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Belfries: Cathedral of Our Lady (Antwerp) Link
- Berat and Gjirokastra: Clock tower of the Citadel of Gjirokastra
- Blenheim Palace: clock tower gate
- Bridgetown: Main Guard Clock Tower Link
- Cartagena: Clock Tower Gate Link
- Corfu: In Old Fortress
- Edinburgh: At Balmoral Hotel Link
- Graz: In 1559, the Clock Tower, the symbolic monument of Graz, was given its characteristic appearance, which has remained unchanged to these days (AB ev)
- Independence Hall
- Karlskrona: Admiralty Clock Tower (combination of a Clock and Bell Tower)
- Kotor: In central Kotor
- Kremlin and Red Square: Spasskaya Tower Link
- Levuka: Baroque stone tower with a clock that strikes once an hour, in front of the Church of the Sacred Heart
- Liverpool: Victoria Tower Link
- Melaka and George Town: Tan Beng Swee (Red) Clock Tower
- Modena: Torre dell'Orologio, late 15th century (at the Town Hall)
- Old City of Acre: Khan al-Umdan Link
- Old City of Berne: Zytglogge Link
- Old Town of Galle: Galle Fort Clock Tower
- Paramaribo: At the Ministry of Finance
- Regensburg: Altes Rathaus Clock Tower
- Safranbolu: historical clock tower
- Salzburg: At the Rathaus (City Hall) Link
- Sighisoara Link
- Sintra: Pena Palace Link
- University of Coimbra: new clock tower of 1728 (AB ev)
- Venice and its Lagoon: Torre dell'Orologio at St. Mark Square Link
- Vienna: Rathaus
- Wachau Cultural Landscape: Stift Dürnstein
- Westminster: Big Ben
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Clock Tower?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source