Sites displaying or depicting chariots.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Archaeological Site of Delphi: "The life-size statue of a chariot driver was found in 1896 at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi." (wiki) Link
- Chola Temples: Darasuram: Horse drawn chariot
- Ellora Caves: Ellora Cave no. 25 depicting hindu sun god with his chariot
- Hampi: Stone chariot with two elephants pulling
- Luang Prabang: The Golden Royal Funeral Chariot is kept in Wat Xiang Thong
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor: Ca. 130 chariots were buried together with the soldiers
- Nubian Monuments: Relief of Ramses II located in Abu Simbel, depicted riding a chariot when fighting at the Battle of Kadesh
- Sun Temple, Konarak: Shaped as the chariot of sun god Surya
- Thracian tomb of Kazanlak: A chariot race is depicted in the murals inside the tomb Link
- Yin Xu: Includes Chariots pit of the Shang Dynasty
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Chariots?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source