The Cambrian explosion was the relatively rapid appearance, around 542 million years ago, of most major animal phyla, as demonstrated in the fossil record (wiki)
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks: Burgess Fossil Shale (The biota of the Burgess Shale appears to be typical of Middle Cambrian deposits - Wiki)
- Chengjiang Fossil Site: Chengjiang's fossils present the most complete record of an early Cambrian marine community with exceptionally preserved biota (Brief Description)
- Grand Canyon Link
- Lena Pillars: The site also contains a wealth of Cambrian fossil remains of numerous species, some of them unique (Brief Description)
- Mistaken Point
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Cambrian Explosion?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source