Built or Owned by Chinese
Built or Owned by Chinese outside China
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Ancient Nara: Nara's Toshodaiji is founded by Ganjin (Jianzhen), a chinese monk who introduced Buddhism in Japan
- Hoi An: Contains variuos Chinese built/owned structure including several Chinese Assembly Halls named after the home region of their members where Chinese expatriate residents socialized and held meetings Eg Fujian, Chaozhao and Cantonese
- Melaka and George Town: There are Chinese temples in both Melaka and Georgetown
- Samarkand: Bibi-Khanym Mausoleum, Samarkand built by Chinese wife of Timur, Bibi
- Singapore Botanic Gardens : Hoo Ah Kay, original land owner, played a key role in the development of the Gardens in 1859
- Thang Long: "It was constructed on the remains of a Chinese fortress dating from the 7th century,.." (unesco)
- Vigan: Many of the structures in the Mestizo District along Calle Crisologo are "ancestral houses" built by rich Chinese traders ("Taipans"). The families later became creolised and took Spanish names
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built or Owned by Chinese?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source