Built in the 2nd century BC
The connection belongs to Timeline connections.
- Ajanta Caves
- Aquileia: For Early Roman city: founded as a Roman colony in 181 BC, and connected to the road network
- Hierapolis-Pamukkale: For its Greco-Roman spa qualities: "they founded a thermal station on the site in the late 2nd century" (AB ev), and Romans from 129 B.C.
- Nasca Lines: The third phase, which represents the great majority of the geoglyphs, is the Nazca phase proper (200 BC-AD 500). (AB ev)
- Pyu Ancient Cities: from around the 2nd century BCE to the 3rd century CE (AB ev)
- Silk Roads: "Having witnessed significant stages in the development of human civilization on the Eurasian continent over a period of eighteen centuries between the 2nd century BC and 16th century AD," etc (nom file)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built in the 2nd century BC?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source