WHS where the "Big Five" can be seen together: lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo.
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Mana Pools
- Manovo-Gounda St. Floris
- Mount Kenya: Lewa Wildlife Conservancy: It ... includes the big five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and African Buffalo) (wiki)
- Ngorongoro: The 1992 IUCN list of mammals in the AB evaluation includes all 5 (of which buffalo, elephant and leopard were present "on the crater rim" 9but (but still within the inscribed area) whilst Rhino and Lion were "in the crater". As of 2009 it is thought that all are still present, with the Rhino the most threatened.
- Niokolo-Koba National Park
- Selous Game Reserve
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Big Five?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source