The connection belongs to History connections.
- Mexico City and Xochimilco
- Oaxaca and Monte Alban: "A short time before the arrival of the conquistadores, the Aztecs took control of the valley and founded the stronghold of Huaxyacac."
- Teotihuacan: Earlier site, but with religious significance for the Aztecs and it fell within their territory
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Aztec Empire?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source