Art Deco buildings which are included in WHS inscriptions. Limited to:
a. Significant buildings
b. Buildings whose Art Deco credentials are referred to in the Inscription document or Advisory Body review
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Belfries: Beffroi de l'Hôtel de Ville (Charleroi) Link
- Edinburgh: St Andrew's House Link
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works: The Theatre
- La Chaux-de-Fonds / Le Locle: The Fine Arts Museum Chaux de Fonds Link
- Liverpool: Queensway Mersey tunnel buildings
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin: Gare de Lens Link
- Old Havana: Bacardi Building Link
- Oporto: Coliseu do Porto Link
- Panamá: Building at Plaza de la Independencia (Casco Viejo)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Palais de Chaillot
- Rio de Janeiro: Christ the Redeemer - considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world (wiki) Link
- Singapore Botanic Gardens : many black and white British bungalows shows how the style incorporated elements of UK's Arts and Crafts and Art Deco movements
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Art Deco?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source